Dr. Mojmir Valach
Dr. Mojmir Valach retired from ÚJV Řež a.s. in 2016 as its leading senior researcher. Dr. Valach has 40+ years research and technical experience in the following VVER areas:
• Nuclear fuel cycle area,
• Reactor core thermomechanics,
• Heat transfer,
• Structural mechanics of fuel assemblies and fuel element
• Computer modelling of nuclear fuel themomechanical
behaviour for safety analyses and operational support
More specifically, areas of responsibility included:
– Coordination of theoretical and experimental research work of fuel rod behaviour, material research and irradiation data interpretation.
– Development of methodologies, mathematical/physical models and computer codes for thermomechanical analyses of PWR fuel rods and assemblies under operational and accident conditions.
– Application/programming languages for mainframes, workstations and PC’s under IBM OS/VS, UNIX/LINUX or MS DOS/WINDOWS (ASSEMBLER, FORTRAN, PL1,BASIC, Pascal, C,C++, TSO, JCL,ANSYS, ABAQUS,COSMOS M).
– Databases applications development for experimental data sets treatment on PC’s.
– Industry oriented software tools development, application for the on-line and off-line nuclear core/fuel elements and monitoring and integrity evaluations (}SCORPIO WWER I&C system)
– Scientific Support and Expertise related to nuclear fuel licensing process ( Westinghouse VV6 Fuel , TVEL TVSA-T fuel, VVER 440 Gd2m and PK3+ fuel) for the regulatory body of Czech Republic SONS in frame
– Management work in many research projects related to the nuclear fuel reliability and safety issues
– Long term engagement in the OECD CSNI/NEA working groups and active participation in the IAEA nuclear safety oriented technical projects FUMEX I, FUMEX II and FUMEX III, partially FUMAC, destructive and non-destructive PIE facilities, fuel safety criteria of PWRs and VVERs
Member of technical boards: OECD HRP Project more than 20 years, Studsvik SCIP Project I, II, III,WGFS group of OECD NEA, several contracts with IAEA etc.